Conference on the 21st & 22nd of November on "Full Inclusion of Children and Young People with Disabilities in Society", Belgium
- Childhood : Youth
- General Information : News
- Europe : Belgium
From Phani GOURNIS the Nov 08, 2013
Children and young people with disabilities have the same rights and the same needs as other children and young people in all areas. They have the right to express their opinions, to participate in decisions affecting them and to be protected by law.
This conference is aimed at young people with disabilities, their families, service providers and administrations of the disability and in the youth sector.
It will address two key issues:
- What is the place of children and youth with disabilities' rights in Belgium and in the other European Council Member State ?
- How to evaluate the challenges posed for the vast majority of these States, by the ratification of the UN Convention on the persons with disabilities' rights, of the International Convention on Children's rights and the implementation of the European Council's Action Plan to promote the rights and full participation of disabled persons in society 2006-2015?
The conference will take place through a round table, videos, debates and reflections and testimonies of young people and representatives from civil society.
Workshops will tackle three priorities:
- Cross-sectoral approach to children's rights
- Support for the family and the community
- Inclusion in education and leasures.
For any information: www.awiph.be/ youthinclusion
0032 71 205 709
(Download and return the registration form below - word document)
- Download the attached file «formulaire-inscription.doc»
- Download the attached file «Programme-conference.pdf»